Did you know eating bananas can cheer you up? –
They are excellent source of vitamin B6 which assist the body to produce serotonin- a natural chemical that helps maintain a “happy feeling,” and seems to help keep our moods under control by helping with sleep, calming anxiety, and relieving depression.
Thus, I’m always looking for a treat that satisfies my sweet tooth without a bunch of guilt. Next to raisins, bananas are like nature’s candy or dessert, plain or fried you name it !
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnimon
- 5 firm bananas
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Vegetable oil for cooking, enough for about 2 inches in the pot.
- Beat eggs with milk and oil.
- Add sugar, flour, cinnamon,salt and baking powder and whisk until smooth.
- Slice the bananas and dip bananas in batter.
- Heat the in a heavy bottom pot over medium until it reaches 350 degrees.
- Drop in a few coated bananas at a time and cook for for 6-9 min or until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon onto a plate lined with paper towels.
- Work in batches until they are all cooked.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.