Hello, let’s talk breakfast. I’m Introducing here a new breakfast piece. Lemon Monkey Bread. If you like lemons and lemony creations, you will love this one. Please excuse me while I hide out with my lemon monkey bread, because the whole family will love pulling it apart – and don’t be surprised by how quickly it disappears. Monkey bread is a scrumptious treat that’s as fun to eat as it is tasty and your kiddos will love it and I’m sure it has a lot to do with the name. I mean, monkey bread is just too fun to say.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- zest of 1 lemon
- 12 Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Cut rolls in half and place in a greased 9×13″ pan.
- Drizzle with the melted butter.
- Mix lemon zest and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle HALF of the lemon sugar mixture over the rolls. Cover and let raise till doubled.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Combine glaze ingredients.
- Drizzle over rolls while still warm.