Just take a minute to stare at the Chocolate creamy peanut butter crispy rice cereal Frozen Dessert Goodness from Gooseberry Patch magazine in the picture left. I love frozen desserts. Like… LOVE them. They are super easy, always yummy and you can’t beat a sweet, rich, frozen treat during the summer and this stuff is so utterly crazy addictive that I have actually sat here and struggled to find words to describe it.
So, if you want to eat this for breakfast, I won’t judge. Especially if it is hot out, you are totally allowed then.
Grandma & Katie’s Frozen Dessert
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups chocolate-flavored crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 gal. vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 to 1 cup Spanish peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Garnish: chocolate syrup
- Blend together peanut butter and corn syrup in a large bowl.
- Add cereals; stir until coated.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan.
- Spread ice cream over cereal mixture; sprinkle with peanuts.
- Swirl chocolate syrup over top; if desired.
- Cover with aluminum foil; freeze at least 4 hours before serving. Cut into squares to serve.