Hiya ! hold on, stop by and Get that touch of summer and Coconut. Mom’s Texas Delight. The name says it all… these are simply DELIGHTFUL! I remember the first time I had this dessert. Its cool, refreshing and not overly sweet. Just perfect for a hot summer’s day, or if by chance there are any leftovers it’s even better the next day.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F .
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, 1/2 cup pecans and melted butter or margarine.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then chill until cold.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the whipped topping. Drop spoonfuls onto the chilled crust, and spread evenly.
- Return to the refrigerator while you prepare the next layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pudding mixes and milk.
- Yes this is half as much milk as the package states.
- Spread over the cream cheese layer. Chill until set.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over the top, and garnish with chopped pecans.