Over the past year or so, I’ve been finding out all sorts of Chinese recipes from Pinterest and other places on the internet, but I never found one that I thought stood its ground against the real deal. Finally, I think I’ve found the ONE. The sauce has the perfect texture and creaminess, and the broccoli – which needs to be cooked just right – is the perfect amount of crispness. Sounds pretty basic but this Chinese style stir-fry from World of Flavor tastes amazingly delicious!
Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry Recipe
- 8oz Chicken
- 1/2 Tablespoon Rice Wine
- Splash of Soy Sauce
- 1 Egg White
- 1/2 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon black vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pinch of White Pepper
- Thickening slurry:
- Water and corn starch ( normally use 2 Tablespoons water and 1 Tablespoon corn starch)
- *The Broccoli gets steamed and the chicken get velveted ahead of time so this is a dish that can be cooked very quickly once all of the prep is done.
- Coat Chicken with marinade and set aside.
- Make sauce.
- Steam Broccoli until just tender then rinse with cold water.
- Add chicken to slowly boiling water. Stir quickly to prevent sticking and turn off heat. Stir for about 2 minutes until chicken is opaque. Remove from water, drain and let cool.
- Heat wok on high heat, add oil and swirl.
- Add chicken and cook until it gets just a bit of color.
- Add sauce when starts to boil add Thickening slurry.
- When sauce is desired thickness turn off heat and serve.