What’s summer without some serious grilling? One of the best parts of summer is firing up the grill on a regular basis. For some quick and easy weeknight grilling action, chicken and veggie kabobs hit the spot. Marinated in a mixture of honey and soy sauce, these loaded skewers from Yummly magazine make for a healthy and delicious dinner.
Honey Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 small onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kabobs while cooking. Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade.
- Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.
- Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.