If you have read this site for long Y’all pretty much know by now how I feel about cheese and bacon. Bacon and cheese makes everything better, and I could not think of anything better to go with bacon and cheese than an egg. So, what do you have when you combine bacon, egg, and cheese on a sandwich? You have a delicious breakfast grilled cheese sandwiches. Just imagine them being crisp, greasy, cheesy, and bacony. Mmmm… I might be out of control.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Bacon and Fried Egg
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 egg
- 2 slices any kind of bread
- cheddar cheese, sliced
- Fry the bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Wipe out the pan.
- Fry the egg in the same pan as the bacon to desired doneness.
- It is best to leave the yolk a little runny, as it makes the sandwich that much more delicious.
- Heat a flat griddle over medium-high. Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Assemble the sandwich with the cheese, egg and bacon, buttered sides out.
- Place the sandwich on the hot griddle and cook until well browned.
- Flip carefully and cook the other side. Serve right away.
- Notes: If you are making several sandwiches, you will have to lower the heat between sandwiches or they will start to burn before the cheese gets melty.