Hello friends! I’m back today with a very basic biscuit recipe, you can throw these together and have them in the oven in less than 10 minutes. You can make basic biscuits by themselves as a side for dinner, or drop them over a casserole, or eat them for breakfast as biscuits and gravy, or simply with butter and jam. You can always find a use for them!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F .
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour milk into flour mixture while stirring with a fork.
- Mix in milk until dough is soft, moist and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and toss with flour until no longer sticky.
- Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick sheet and cut with a floured biscuit or cookie cutter.
- Press together unused dough and repeat rolling and cutting procedure.
- Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheets and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.