Queso fundido means “melted cheese”, and together with Mexican-style chorizo sausage makes a topping on the best plate of nachos you’ve ever had. It’s a Mexican specialty originally, but it’s so good that variations of this dish have migrated to the south and north.
Serve queso fundido with corn chips, tortillas, or thin slices of French bread.
Queso Fundido with Chorizo by Shawn
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo, casings removed, crumbled
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (or equivelant Gourmet Garden Garlic)
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno, plus 1 tablespoon pickling juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces whole-milk mozzarella, shredded
- Tortilla Chips or soft flour tortillas for dipping
Please look preparation method at :
i wash you dry