I promise my next post will be much healthier, but in the meantime, have a cookie.I suppose these are really more like miniature cakes rather than cookies, but they are baked like a cookie and essentially can perhaps be best described as cake, muffin and cookie all rolled into one. Just in time for Valentine’s Day too in case you wish to make a somewhat decadent treat.
Even if you don’t observe cupid’s day, after a few long months of winter and spring still too far away, sometimes a little comforting indulgence is just want is needed.
Blueberry Lemon Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 1/4 cups cake flour
- Cake flour has a lower gluten content and allows for the light and fluffy texture of these cookies
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice from 2 lemon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In an electric bowl mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries after all the ingredients have been mixed together.
- Allow dough to cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use a small scoop (about 1 tbsp size) and place rounded balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil (or non-stick cookie sheets).
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, until the bottoms are slightly golden brown (the edges should not brown)
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin
3 thoughts on “Blueberry Lemon Cookies”
Am I missing something completely … the recipe above does not say when to add the lemons or vanilla? I’m guessing lemon zest with dry ingredients, but what about the rest? I’ve read it twice now and read what printed out too.
Thanks for your help!
probably is typo…lemon juice along with wet ingredients and lemon zest and vanilla with dry.
Thanks for stopping by
Just made these tonight! They are delicious! Parchment paper is a must 🙂