I promise my next post will be much healthier, but in the meantime, have a cookie.I suppose these are really more like miniature cakes rather than cookies, but they are baked like a cookie and essentially can perhaps be best described as cake, muffin and cookie all rolled into one. Just in time for Valentine’s Day too in case you wish to make a somewhat decadent treat.
Even if you don’t observe cupid’s day, after a few long months of winter and spring still too far away, sometimes a little comforting indulgence is just want is needed.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 1/4 cups cake flour
Cake flour has a lower gluten content and allows for the light and fluffy texture of these cookies
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice from 2 lemon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In an electric bowl mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries after all the ingredients have been mixed together.
- Allow dough to cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use a small scoop (about 1 tbsp size) and place rounded balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil (or non-stick cookie sheets).
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, until the bottoms are slightly golden brown (the edges should not brown)