Plain chocolate fudge- no add ins, no extra flavoring, no toppings. How boring, right? In my opinion, fudge isn’t fudge without some walnuts.. so this is my favorite fudge recipe so far out of the 3479014746 fudge recipes that I’ve tried. I found this recipe on Nestle Very Best Baking a while ago with over a dozens of repins, so I knew I had to keep it.
Famous Fudge from NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- LINE 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.
- COMBINE sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- STIR in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.
- FOR MILK CHOCOLATE FUDGE:
- SUBSTITUTE 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Morsels.
- FOR BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE:
- SUBSTITUTE 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels for Semi-Sweet Morsels.
- FOR PEANUTTY CHOCOLATE FUDGE:
- SUBSTITUTE 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels for Semi-Sweet Morsels and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts for pecans or walnuts.