The combination of toasted marshmallows, crispy graham crackers and melting chocolate is what makes s’mores a beloved summertime treat of so many. Classic s’mores are made over a campfire, but sometimes you really don’t want to start a fire just to make them. Sometimes when it’s raining, or you are just too lazy to start a fire, you can make a S’mores Cake from Kraft magazine instead.
- 14 graham crackers, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1-1/2 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
- 1 container (1-3/4 qt.) chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows, divided
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- HEAT oven to 325°F.
- CRUSH 8-1/2 crackers to form fine crumbs; break remaining crackers into rectangles.
- Place cracker crumbs in medium bowl.
- Add butter and sugar; mix well. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 12 min. or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- MEANWHILE, microwave chocolate and COOL WHIP in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 to 2-1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is blended, stirring after each minute.
- Let stand 15 min. Spread chocolate mixture over crust.
- Stand cracker rectangles, top-sides facing out, around edge of pan, pressing gently into chocolate mixture to secure.
- Freeze 20 min. or until filling is firm.
- COVER with ice cream. Freeze 4 hours or until ice cream layer is very firm.
- When ready to serve dessert, reserve 2 cups marshmallows.
- Microwave remaining marshmallows and milk in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. 15 sec. or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 1 min.
- Cool 10 min.
- HEAT broiler. Place dessert on baking sheet; top with melted marshmallow mixture and reserved marshmallows.
- Broil, 6 inches from heat, 1 min. or until marshmallows are golden brown.
- Remove rim of pan before serving dessert.