These cakes aren’t for dessert.
You’ve probably heard of these zucchini “crab” cakes before, they are the non-fishy version of crab/salmon/tuna cakes. I’ve been seeing recipes for them for years, but as a fish cakes lover, i never really think about them. Until now. They are basically Shredded fresh zucchini, mixed with a breadcrumbs, lemon and Old Bay seasoning, pan fried in olive oil until they are golden brown. They were easy to whip up, and extra extra tasty!
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parslety
- 2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tsps Old Bay seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Put the zucchini in a strainer and mix in 1/2 tsp salt to drain out some of the water.
- Let set a while then press to take more water out.
- Add zucchini to breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Mix other ingredients in a bowl and add to zucchini and breadcrumb mixture.
- Make small patties and fry to crispy on the edges.
- (A small bit of high quality extra virgin olive oil is best.)