So on a scale from one to ten, how sick are you of cooking and baking? I am thoroughly sick of it myself. But if I were inclined to whip up something interesting, I may very well want to make these low carb Gluten-Free Almond Pancakes. They’re easy, fun and healthy but I never thought low-carb pancakes could be so delicious!
These pancakes have almost no sugar, so serve with Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, or your favorite sugar-free maple-flavoured syrup.
Low-Carb Gluten-Free Almond Pancakes
- 3 cups almond meal
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, light coconut milk, or milk
- 2 tablespoons extra-light olive oil, walnut oil, coconut oil, or butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond meal, flaxseed, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the milk and oil or butter and whisk thoroughly.
- Gradually whisk the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Add more milk as necessary, one tablespoon at a time, to reach pancake-batter consistency.
- Lightly oil a skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet.
- Cook for three minutes, or until bubbles form and edges are cooked.
- Flip and cook for three minutes or until underside is lightly browned.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with desired toppings.