First , I wanted to be clear. You’ll have to buy a heap of fresh tomatoes, parsley, garlic and basil. Because this isn’t tomato sauce (aka ketchup) that you have on a sausage. This is pasta sauce, made with fresh tomatoes. Just like I said above.Now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s get cracking.
Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 11/2 lbs plum tomatoes
- 1/8 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 tbsp flat leaf parsley
- 2/3 tbsp chopped garlic (from 2 garlic cloves, plus more if desired)
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- coarse salt
- 2/3 lb spaghetti (or spaghettini)
- grated parmesan cheese (for serving, optional)
- Finely chop tomatoes, basil, parsley, and garlic, and mix together with oil (or pulse ingredients, including oil, in a food processor to blend).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta, and cook until al dente.
- Drain pasta, and toss it in a serving bowl with the raw sauce.
- Transfer to 6 shallow bowls, and drizzle with oil.
- Serve with cheese.